Buzzfeed posted these questions and I thought I would answer them for the past year, which was a very good year up until the last two weeks. Here goes:
1. What did you do this year that you’re proud of? I have stuck with Weight Watchers for the entire year (and a little more) making this the very first year of my life that I have kept my New Year’s Resolution.
2. Who did you meet this year that inspired you? M.
3. What did you read that you think bettered you? I didn’t read much this year.
4. What are songs that you will always hear and think of this year even when you’re listening on some contraption that hasn’t even been invented yet? No Way No by Magic, Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeren, Sugar by Maroon 6, Hello by Adele
5. What were some times that you laughed so hard you could barely breathe? When F. and I went hat shopping at Lids, and when he said LMAO Laughing my ass OUT, watching the movie Sisters last night, and numerous times while playing Cards Against Humanity with the WNH.
6. What were your favorite movies? Not what was good, not what you had to see because of your friends or the media. What were your favorites?
7. What are some fears that you had at the beginning of the year that you overcame? Not being able to stick with WW, not finding a man to be with who finds me beautiful and desirable.
8. What were quotes that you loved this year? None in particular
9. What are ways that you exercised self care? Excellent question
10. What are things you want to see more of next year? M.
11. What are five things you did that you never thought you’d actually do? Some bedroom shenanigans with M., going on a trip solo,
12. What were your favorite things this year? Candles from B&BW
13. What are the most important things you learned this year? That I am still desirable to some, that I am too hard on myself
14. What is your favorite photo from this year? All my before and after pics
15. What are five things you want to say to people you love? To my parents: why can’t you accept that I am NOT like you and never going to be what you want me to be or do what you want me to do. To M. that I love him.
16. What are some places where you feel true joy in your life? At the beach
17. Where do you feel most yourself? At the beach. With the kids.
18. What were your favorite meals? Taco salad, macaroni and cheese, fish tacos
19. How did you calm yourself in times of stress? Coloring
20. What are some compliments that you received that deeply affected you? M. told me that I was cuddly, I liked that, a lot.
21. Who are people that you believe are bringing out the best in you? A., J., M.
22. What items of clothing did you buy that felt the most you? Nothing in particular
23. What are you excited about leaving behind in 2015? I’d love to leave ambiguity but that is a constant in my life
24. What are five things that you were hard on yourself about but would never have been hard on a friend if they were experiencing it? Not sure
25. What are the best pieces of advice you heard this year? Just do it.
26. What are the best pieces of advice you gave this year? Just stay in the moment.
27. What things have you been putting off doing because you didn’t have time? Exercise
28. What are some things you’d like to focus and work on in the next year? Continuing my weight loss and toning up my body before it becomes saggy.
29. What are the best parts of you that you feel really showed through this year? My openness to new people, things and experiences, and my being able to be a good friend
30. What are your biggest hopes for 2016? That my love life settles into something more settled.